Tired of sharing your moments with Instagram followers? If you have made the decision to delete your account permanently or only temporarily, read our guide.
Instagram has become the most used social network to take photos, add filters and also to share stories with their followers. Unfortunately, however, all this could be quite invasive for your privacy or maybe you realized that in the last period you are becoming too social addicted and you are neglecting your friends, your family or your dog and you have decided to avoid giving up. to live social relations at the expense of this platform!
Well, whether you have been a member for a long time or have only recently used this application, but you think it is not for you, you are in the right place! If you want to permanently delete your Instagram profile but you don’t know how to do it, don’t worry, in this guide, you will find out how to delete an Instagram profile quickly. In fact, as well as being very fast, this is a simple operation that takes a few minutes!
The only negative thing is that when you decide to delete the Instagram profile you cannot retrace your steps or even create a new profile with the same username.
When you delete an Instagram account, the photos, videos, comments, people followed and followers will also be deleted. So, before making this final decision, you can temporarily deactivate the profile. Don’t worry, because in this post, we will also explain how to temporarily disable your account. So what are you waiting for, get comfortable, and let’s see together the complete procedure to delete an Instagram account!
What to do before deleting the Instagram profile
If you have decided to delete an Instagram profile, as already mentioned above, the photos and videos are also deleted. So, before proceeding with deleting your Instagram profile, let’s explain how to save the photos on your account.
To back up all the images on your profile, you can download the free 4K Stogram software, available for both Windows and Mac.
Go to the manufacturer’s website to download the program to your computer. After downloading 4K Stogram and accepting the terms of the license agreement, click Install and then open it: type your username (the one you use to access Instagram) in the search bar that appears at the top of the program window. Finally, click on Subscribe and you will automatically find all the photos on Instagram on your PC.
How to delete an Instagram profile permanently
Once you’ve backed up the photos on your account, you’re ready to find out how to permanently delete your Instagram profile. To do this, you must know that you absolutely cannot delete your Instagram account from the App, but the operation is only possible by logging in from the Instagram website.
To delete an Instagram account you must:
- Connect to the Instagram page to remove accounts by clicking here
- Log in to Instagram by typing in your account username and password ;
- Enter, next to “Why are you deleting your account”, the reason why you intend to unsubscribe from Instagram. What you need to do is select an option from the drop-down menu.
- Re-type your account password in the field that appears at the bottom of the page;
- Click on Delete my account permanently.
At this point, you can proceed to delete the Instagram application from your smartphone.
For Android phones you must:
- Open Settings;
- Please tap on Instagram;
- Tap Uninstall.
For iPhone phones you must:
- Search for the application you want to remove: in your case, search for Instagram ;
- Press and hold the application icon ;
- Tap the X button that appears in the upper left corner of the App icon.
- Click on the Delete item.
How to disable Instagram profile temporarily
If you want to temporarily disable the Instagram profile you can read our guide from this point on.
As for the deletion of the momentary Instagram account, it is not possible to use the Instagram app to do this, but you will have to use the browser on your PC.
To disable your Instagram profile you must:
- Access this page ;
- Log in with your account details;
- Click on the little man icon at the top right. This allows us to access our personal profile;
- Select Edit Profile ;
- Click the item Temporarily disable my account;
- Choose the reason why you intend to disable the account, placed next to the words “Why are you deactivating your account?” ;
- Re-enter the password;
- Click Temporarily disable this account.
After this, to reactivate the Instagram account, simply log in again with your profile and authorize its reactivation.
Well! Now that you have completed reading our guide, you will know perfectly well how to proceed to delete your Instagram account permanently or temporarily.